NGO Vetting Assistant: As a UniversalGiving® NGO Vetting Assistant, you will vet NGOs for UniversalGiving®’s network of grantees and partners. This position requires extensive training and thus, a minimum commitment of two years.
UniversalGiving® is an award-winning nonprofit allowing people to donate and volunteer with top-performing, vetted organizations all over the world. 100% goes directly to the cause. All partner organizations are vetted with our proprietary Quality Model®. UniversalGiving® has been featured on the homepage of Bloomberg, Oprah.com, CBS, The Wall Street Journal, and The New York Times. UniversalGiving® also has been featured in more than 16 books, including the new edition Harvard Business Review Book, HBR Guide to Delivering Effective Feedback, Arianna Huffington’s Thrive, and Laura Arrillaga-Andreessen’s Giving 2.0. We have also been acknowledged six times on Great Nonprofits’ annual Top Nonprofits lists and are highlighted in Huffington Post's list of best volunteering matching websites. We continue to gain momentum, with dozens of articles in the Christian Science Monitor and monthly contributions on Forbes. To date, we have matched more than 22,000 volunteers worth $31 million dollars’ of volunteer hours.
- Perform in-depth vetting and due-diligence on NGOs for legal, program, financial compliance based on our Quality Model™ and potentially corporate client specific requirements.
- Communicating 1-1 with the NGO, requiring positive communications, encouragement, support
- Ensure accurate documentation of vetting files on Salesforce and Google Drive
- With proven success & a positive attitude, take on special projects
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent training
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Mathematical competency and ability to work with quantitative information
- General knowledge of finance and non-profit accounting a plus
- Competence with Microsoft Office/Salesforce/Google Drive
- Part-time, flexible remote positions
- Opportunity to work with a diverse, global team representing over 25 cultures
- Gain experience at a unique social entrepreneurship organization that has a global impact
- Gain experience with a Tech for Good nonprofit
- With proven success & a positive attitude, UniversalGiving® is likely to facilitate J1, OPT visas
Duration and Location
- Position is available for part-time (5-20 hours per week)
- Minimum 6 months commitment
- We provide remote positions with a highly globally focused team from more than 20 countries, including Russia, China, Japan, Ukraine, Georgia, the Philippines, Haiti, Germany, Canada, the Kurdish population, South Korea, the U.K., Brazil, and many more
Email your resume, cover letter, two writing samples (two pages minimum per writing sample), and three professional references with contact information (phone and email) to firstname.lastname@example.org with "NGO Vetting Assistant" in the subject line. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.
UniversalGiving® is committed to understanding and representing the diverse populations it serves worldwide. Members of all ages, genders, sexual orientations, races, ethnicities, nationalities, physical abilities or disabilities, religions or beliefs, and cultures are welcome as employees and volunteers in our organization. We believe that a diverse team will best serve our diverse populations. Please see our policy on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.