My name is Mark Baird. I am the founder of HirePatriots.com. I write about everything that helps US veterans, the organizations that support them, and US small businesses.
Bike Patrol Jobs 4 US Vets: Los Angeles
Seeking Bike Patrol Officers
Where: 639 Wilshire Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90017
When: Tuesday Sept. 27th & Wednesday Sept. 28th
Time: 8:00am – 4:00pm (Please complete online application first)
Now is your opportunity to train with the best—and work with the best!
Universal Protection Service seeks Security Professionals with the energy, ability and strength to patrol (on bike) the streets of downtown Los Angeles. This is a challenging position requiring both physical and mental strength and fortitude!
Our client, Downtown Center Business Improvement District, is a private non-profit organization that serves the property owners of downtown in order to keep the streets safe for visitors, residents and tourists.
Starting pay: $10.50 – $13.00 (based on experience)
Primary Job Duties:
Patrol assigned routes, including high risk areas in downtown Los Angeles, and assist local law enforcement officers, fire fighters, governmental officials, military and sheriff departments in the downtown area. The Bike-Patrol position requires that you be able to patrol via bike for the entire shift with an assigned partner. You must be able to use a two-way radio, pepper spray, baton and handcuffs (training provided).
• Establish and maintain quality relationships with local merchants, vendors, pedestrians, transient population and fellow employees under potentially stressful conditions.
• Follow directions, make decisions and solve problems with a strong desire to continually learn and improve.
• Work to deter streets and alley activity including suspicious criminal activity, and loitering.
• Must possess a high school diploma or GED
• Must be in excellent physical conditions in order to effectively cover his/her route on bicycle throughout entire shift
• Must possess a valid California Bureau of Security and Investigative Services (BSIS) Guard License or be willing to apply and be issued such a license prior to employment. Universal Protection Service may assist with this process
• As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a post-offer/pre-employment drug/alcohol test
• Must have open availability (all shifts) and be flexible to work rotating shifts every 90 days
How to Apply:
Please complete our online application first at: https://jobs-universalpro.icims.com/jobs/intro Select the Bike Patrol- Downtown Los Angeles posting. Branch Address: 639 Wilshire Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90017