Life Technologies in Carlsbad, CA is a company that stays in frequent contact with HirePatriots for the purpose of hiring US veterans.
Creative Communications Operations Consultant Req # 11713 Carlsbad, CA
Life Technologies Creative Communications and Cultural Development
As a Life Technologies Creative Communications Operations Consultant, you will be responsible for ensuring the Creative Communications & Cultural Development (CC & CD) team supports business strategies and objectives to drive operational efficiency and effectiveness, as well as transformational change. As a trusted advisor to leadership, as well as a strong partner to team members, this role drives the adoption of consistent messaging and processes.
• Develop framework for client facing communications partners to establish project objectives and develop a project scope of work based on those objectives.
• Implement appropriate planning and measurement systems.
• Prioritize work requests and identifies resources needed, assigning individual responsibilities.
• Facilitate discussions regarding trade-off decisions that need to be made.
• Plan, monitor and manage internal projects, programs, or administrative systems from initiation through completion.
• Monitor performance and recommend changes, cost adjustments or resource additions.
• Ensure project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
• Ensure project results meet quality, reliability, milestones, and budget.
• Keep leadership and team informed of key issues and changes, which may impact expected business results.
• Resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion.
• Develop & maintain regularly occurring operating mechanisms to keep CC & CD team aligned and focused.
• Ensure client facing communications partners consistently use Life Technologies’ employer brand framework, work with their internal clients to align communications with the employer brand and manage any outside creative partners they may choose to help execute their projects.
• Collect and report defined metrics providing analysis and insight into performance or the business and the CC & CD team.
• Determine and coordinate the use of our internal Creative Services team and/or approved outside creative resources/contractors required for outsourced projects.
• Assist with planning and execution of internal bi-monthly, quarterly and annual shows, conferences and events.
• Serve as an employer brand ambassador, ensuring consistency in the correct execution of the Life Technologies internal brand.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Work Experience
• Undergraduate degree in related discipline (Journalism, Communications, Public Relations, Business, Change Management, Human Resources, or other related field)
• 10-15 years of relevant experience, preferably in branding and marketing communications experience, integrated marketing communications and/or strategic communications
• Demonstrated organizational, project management and presentation skills
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office
Skills and Competencies
• Strong organizational and project management skills
• Detail orientated
• Resilience and adaptability to change
• Demonstrate versatility
• Ability to effectively collaborate with senior leaders, co-workers, subject matter experts and outside resource partners
• Ability to balance multiple priorities and projects
• Skilled at building and sustaining relationships with colleagues at all levels in the organization
• Strong listening skills with proven ability to translate what you hear into strategic recommendations
About Life Technologies
Life Technologies: Shaping Discovery, Improving Life
Life Technologies is a global biotech leader that offers products and services — from instruments to everyday lab essentials —created by scientists, for scientists. Life Technologies’ industry-leading brands are found in nearly every life sciences lab in the world. Researchers, clinicians, and industry professionals rely on our innovative products and services to provide expeditious answers to some of the most difficult biological challenges of the 21st century. Our systems, consumables and services enable them to accelerate scientific exploration, driving new discoveries and developments in the areas of:
• Discovery & Translational Research
• Human Identification
• Health & Medicine
• Energy & Environment
• Food/Water Safety & Animal Health
With annual sales approaching $4 billion, Life Technologies employs a diverse workforce of 10,000 talented individuals in 160+ countries. Our rapidly growing intellectual property estate of nearly 4,000 patents and exclusive licenses demonstrates our position at forefront of innovation. We pride ourselves in being an environmentally responsible company, and reduced our carbon dioxide, water and energy use by over 50% (unit/$1M revenue) in 2010. We celebrate diversity and inclusion as just a natural way of working together. Diversity and inclusion are woven deeply into our company culture – a vibrant, powerful mix of talent, backgrounds and different ideas — because we know we are stronger together.
Life Technologies is a publicly traded company, NASDAQ: LIFE. For more information on how we are making a difference, please visit our website: http://www.lifelechnologies.com.