From Warrior to Soul Mate: Reclaiming Your Relationship after Combat Deployment
Marriage Enrichment Retreat
September 10 – 12, 2010
Paradise Point Resort and Sap, San Diego, CA
The stresses of military life and repeated combat deployments is taking a heavy toll on military marriages. HirePatriots has held several Military Marriage Enrichment Retreats but it has been difficult to raise funds in this economy. And so we are very pleased to inform you about this program.
The VA San Diego Healthcare System now offers FREE relationship-building retreats for returning combat Veterans. Our “From Warrior to Soul Mate: Reclaiming Your Relationship after Combat Deployment” retreat helps both partners grow in communication skills and emotional wisdom. Practical tools empower partners to work toward a more fully loving and committed relationship.
To register and for more information, please call (858) 642-3496. Registration deadline: September 1, 2010.
The four Primary Goals of the retreat are:
* Promoting effective communication
* Strengthening connecting and confiding
* Effective decision-making and conflict resolution
* Strengthening trust and commitment
Couples will experience hands on tools that help them address:
* Stages of relationships
* The relationship road map
* Communication stress styles
* Daily temperature reading
* Talking tips
* Love bank/caring behaviors
* Emotional stages of development
* Dirty fighting
* Fair fight for change
* Uncovering hidden expectations
* Emotional allergies
* Creating relationship agreements
* The emotional jug
For more information, please call the VA San Diego Chaplain Service at (858) 642-3496.