Here is an example of the multitude of qualified US veterans that contact me, asking for assistance in finding work.
Carl Vickers: Corporate Military Recruiter
864-436-3682/ VickersCarl1@gmail.comI am a Military Recruiter and Veteran Outreach Specialist. I am driven by my passion to help others. And I am dedicated to always doing outstanding work. — My successes are measurable: Greenbelt certified with over $400k in Sigma and $600K in overall cost savings. Implemented Veteran recruiting strategy and increased overall veteran hires by 4X over previous years totals. (Advanced Technology Services)
I have proven leadership and organizational abilities as well as experience in successful management of diverse groups of people.
• My ability to effectively manage projects and balance multiple priorities is second to none. Build strategic partnerships with each of the service branches transition programs:
• Act as corporate liaison between ATS and Military Partners to nurture and expand our involvement with each and to create partnerships where none exist.
• Attend events such as: Army PaYS bi-annual partner meeting; MSEP bi-annual partner meeting; Partnership forums at various bases; represent ATS at military career events, career days with soldiers at military transition assistance offices.
• Work with recruiting staff to accurately assess upcoming headcount in the field organizations to target appropriate candidates. Work with businesses/hiring managers to proactively determine staffing needs and develop recruitment strategies
• Develops Military recruitment strategies for the enterprise
• Act as POC for exiting military soldiers – Pre-screen, qualify and assess high potential talent while ensuring effective candidate management methods are being used throughout the recruitment process. Help the candidates make the move from the military to a civilian career.
• Regular visits to military bases, service academies, attendance at transitioning military job fairs and partnerships with on-base transition centers both CONUS and OCONUS (as needed).
• Relationships with service academies, and academy alumni on-line forums
• Experience and comfort in presenting to groups of individuals.
May 2011 University Of Maryland University College, United States, Maryland
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration (Currently enrolled in online courses)