Opportunities for Veterans
Job Search and Financial information for veterans to share with their social media contacts.
Military Service Claim for Unemployment Benefits
If you were recently discharged from military service, you may be able to establish a claim for unemployment benefits.
If you want to look for a job or business opportunity visit http://hirepatriots.com/heroes our job board has 10,000 posted
jobs, there are businesses for vets, a place to post your resume and more.
Unemployment Applicants must meet the following conditions:
1. You completed the first full term of enlistment, except where discharge or early release was for:
- Government convenience under an early release program
- Medical disqualification, pregnancy, parenthood, or any service-incurred injury or disability
- Personality disorder or inaptitude (but only with a year of continuous service)
2. As a reservist, you must have had at least 90 days of continuous active duty;
3. You received your discharge under honorable conditions. If you were an officer, you did not resign for the good of the service.
The New York State Department of Labor (DOL) will base your weekly benefit rate on your high quarter earnings in your base period.
DOL will base your earnings in military service on a Federal schedule that takes into account the base pay in your last grade, plus allowances for food and clothing.
Please have your most recent separation (DD form 214, Member 4) with you when you file your claim. Mail a copy of this form to the Telephone Claim Center
to process your claim, full contact information can be found at: NYS DOL Website:http://labor.ny.gov/ui/claimantinfo/ContactInfo.shtm#TCC
If your not in New York check with your local unemployment office for eligibility.
For a free book on finances visit Patrick's Hire Patriots Web Page http://hirepatriots.com/heroes Look for Free Book Download.