Patriotic Hearts’ goals:
The Mission of Patriotic Hearts is to strengthen the lives of US veterans. We focus on employment, entrepreneurship, finances and family.Our comprehensive program provides foundational stability upon which veterans can build successful lives.
Patriotic Hearts has put together a comprehensive set of programs to successfully reintegrate transitioned US veterans, and to alleviate financial difficulties among the active duty, Reserves and National Guard too. We publish and offer these programs via our popular website: HirePatriots.com.
Our primary objective is to create a nationwide employment safety net for US veterans and their spouses. Our unique program has proven its effectiveness by serving over 100,000 US veterans every year.
US veterans across America have asked us to bring HirePatriots to their area of the country too. Now we are in the midst of a nationwide expansion. Our goal is to bring our free hiring board for US veterans to every state and community of the U.S. – We currently have representatives in 16 states.
Patriotic Hearts’ major components:
To address these issues and to provide a means for US veterans to create a firmer foundation for themselves and their loved ones, our 501c3, Patriotic Hearts (EIN 20-8599179), has provided several free programs:
- HirePatriots.com – This is a free job board for companies and residents to use to hire US military, veterans and their spouses.
- Day Jobs – This program has been a tremendous hit with both veterans and community residents. HirePatriots.com provides a free job board for residents in communities across America to use to hire local US military, veterans and their spouses whenever they need help around their homes and yards. These jobs enable US veterans to earn extra money to pay bills. And for unemployed or under-employed discharged veterans, these jobs permit them to work and earn income everyday. – These jobs either augment their incomes; or, these jobs are the only source of income they have until they can secure employment.
The day Job program has also been a boon to community residents, especially for Senior citizens. (See comments from our Day Job users and residents here: http://bit.ly/MEvua4)
In addition, the Day Job program has been a significant stimulus to local economies. The veterans work for a day or more, get paid, and then spend those earnings in the local economy. In San Diego, this program received the “Visionary Award for Creating Economic Development.”
- Temporary Jobs – HirePatriots has formed a partnership with Verizon. That company is building a coalition of other US based companies to hire 100,000 US veterans. Some of the companies participating in this hiring initiative are Toys R Us, Starbucks, Disney, McDonalds and Chase Bank. – These companies post their temporary, contact and seasonal jobs on HirePatriots’ Day Job board too.
Until the global economy rights itself, many companies are unwilling to commit to hiring someone for a permanent position. Instead, they are hiring on a temporary basis. – And many of the companies that do so are also connecting their websites to the HirePatriots site in order to increase their success in recruiting US veterans.
- Full Time Jobs – Eventhough HirePatriots.com is one of the most visited websites in the world, all of its services are free.– HirePatriots is committed to employing US veterans and their spouses. We do not want anything on HirePatriots.com that may hinder or prevent a company that is seeking to hire a veteran from posting their jobs on our website. – Our ultimate goal is to provide permanent, secure, full-time employment for all current and former US troops.
- Job Placement – Every day HirePatriots is contacted by desperate US veterans, who are at the end of the rope financially. After interviewing them and perhaps re-writing their resumes, we introduce them to hiring managers at companies that work with HirePatriots.
If we are unable to find an immediate placement for them, we offer them 1099 employment with Patriotic Hearts as fundraisers.
- Green Energy Job Training – Patriotic Hearts is working with a variety of companies in the Green jobs industry. We have developed an E-Waste and a Carbon Credit Management corporation. Through our association with the companies involved we are able to place veterans in these companies, or put them into their’ training programs. We are also developing a Green Jobs training facility. (See #10 below)
- Veteran Entrepreneur Assistance – Not every US veteran wants a ‘job’ when leaving the military. They prefer to be a small business owner, instead. We work with those entrepreneurs to develop their business and marketing plans.
- Financial Wellness –Patriotic Hearts provides training on how to manage personal and family income, through seminars, retreats and online. This is a unique and comprehensive 5 point Financial Wellness series of workshop courses that has been specifically designed for veterans, active duty, and military families. It is a customized, financial wellness curriculum that focuses on helping our heroes and their families understand their particular spending personalities. Then we teach the essentials of money management. And we also explain the necessity for multiple streams of income and investment strategies.
- Military Marriage Advance Weekends – Because of the rigors of military life, our veterans have the highest rate of divorce. But when that is coupled with multiple combat deployments over years the divorce rate soars to as high as 90%. Reconnecting and recharging those romantic relationships creates the emotional and psychological stability needed for success. – Our marriage ‘advances’ also contain a modified version of our Financial Wellness program. Couples that struggle financially have the highest rate of divorce. And when this is coupled with the rigors of military life and deployments, it makes it very difficult for many veteran marriages and families to stay together. — Statistics show that children of divorces also struggle with finances and have a greater rate of divorce and unemployment that their counter-parts.
To address this critical issue, Patriotic Hearts hosts free, 3-day marriage weekends at beautiful and romantic resorts. We provide a program that repairs and strengthens marriages.
- Stimulation of local economies: HirePatriots stimulates local economies by creating a daily source of income for local US veterans and their spouses. When a community has hundreds of veterans helping out local residents every month, getting paid and then spending those earning at local small businesses, it keeps those businesses in business and their employees employed. Hence, our program was given the “Visionary Award for Creating Economic Development.”
- 11. Green Veteran Village — (In development) Patriotic Hearts is seeking a permanent facility in order to provide and to host our various programs and services. As much as possible, we will use green building materials and resources. We want this property to be self-sufficient in energy, water and food. And we want it to be economically self-sustainable too. — This facility will house veterans that participate in our Green Jobs training program. (For more information: http://bit.ly/LymWBl)