Hire Patriots
760 730-3734
Call us for more details!
Mail us today
/ News And Blogs / Subscribe to RSS Feed

Veterans Housing and Rent Subsides Programs

Posted by on April 11, 2014 in For Families


If you are a Veteran who has lost your home, you can receive the support you’ve earned to get back on your feet, by contacting VA’s National Call Center for Homeless Veterans at 1-877-424-3838, to speak to a trained VA responder. The hotline and online chart are free and neither VA registration nor enrollment in VA healthcare is required to use the service.
Homeless veterans can find help with rental assistance through the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development and the Department of Veteran Affairs. The agencies have set up a program called “HUD-VASH “,, to help veterans get the housing assistance the need.


The HUD-Veterans Affairs Supportive Housing (HUD-VASH) program combines Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) rental assistance for homeless Veterans with case management and clinical services provided by the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). VA Provides these service for participating Veterans at VA medical centers (VAMCs) and community-based outreach clinics.




Grant and Per Diem Program is offered annually (as funding permits) by the Department of Veterans Affairs Health Care for Veterans (HCHV) Program to fund community agencies providing services to homeless Veterans. The purpose is to promote the development and provision of the supportive housing and/or supportive services with the goal to helping homeless Veterans achieve residential stability, increase their skill level and/or income, and obtain greater self-determination.
a) Grants: Limit si 65% of the cost of contruction, renovation, or acquisition of a building for use as service center or transitional housing for homeless Veterans.
b) Per Diem: Priority in awarding the Per Diem funds goes to the recipients of Grants. Non- Grant programs many apply for the Per Diem under a separate announcement, when published in the Federal Register, announcing the funding for “Per Diem Only.” For  supportive housing, the maximum amount payable under the per diem is $41.90 per day per Veteran housed. Veterans in supportive housing may be asked to pay rent if it does not exceed 30% of the Veteran’s monthly adjusted income.



Those who have served our country have earned our support and assistance. The Aid and Attendance Benefit – called A&A- entitles veterans and spouses or widows to benefits for long-term care provided by an assisted living facility. The program is based on income, and there are some  restrictions.

There are numerous national assistance programs, and ways to help from your local government, community action agencies, and non-profits, as well as charities that offer programs and grants that will assist many families and individual with bill, living expenses, and debts. You can find assistance to help pay your utility bills, help with medical bills, health care cost, rent, food assistance programs, credit card debit, and many other government assistance programs.

Information on local assistance programs can be found “HERE”,.


Beside helping our veterans, and their families know of the benefits available to them, it’s our intent to provide them with income opportunities, either through employment, or helping build the“Own Business “,


Facebook Comments

Share us on

About The Author
Rallie Rallis

Follow me on
Skip to content