Good Reasons to Help HirePatriots.com
1) It helps US active, reserves, Guard, veterans and their spouses to pick up off-duty work and to earn money to pay bills. — HirePatriots was started 20 years ago in San Diego. It began as a free job board for anyone who wants to hire US veterans to help with chores at their homes. That job board is still free. But it grew to such tremendous popularity that we added a Careers job board too. (It is just $99 to post there.) — Both businesses and citizens can hire current or former members of the US military from the HirePatriots job board. — Many thousands of US troops and their spouses depend on these jobs in order to keep themselves and their families afloat. And now that our troops are leaving the military by the hundreds of thousands, these jobs are more important than ever! Nearly half of our US veterans are under-employed, and a significant number have not even found a job!
“Thanks Mark for all you do to support our military families. My husband deploys to Afghanistan this Friday. We, the family that will be left behind really appreciate people like you. Your HirePatriots program has helped us pay our bills many times. And now we know that after my husband deploys, if I need to earn extra money I can. Thank you for caring about the active duty members and the families that are left behind. –Lisa”
2) It helps local homeowners and seniors. – Whenever you need help with chores and repairs, there is always a veteran or their spouse that you can hire to help you! It saves residents and Seniors a lot of money. And they get the satisfaction and joy of knowing that they have given the best kind of Thank You to our troops: The opportunity to work and earn their way!
As a first time user of your HireMarines website, I wanted to let you know about my first experience as a “day job” employer. To say I was 100% satisfied would be an understatement! I had the pleasure of hiring Ed Schmitt, Sgt. USMC out of Camp Pendleton to help me out with a painting project. Sgt. Schmitt was everything you would expect in a Marine – polite, courteous, prompt, clean-cut, and a hard worker. I don’t know if you keep files on the Marines who use your service. If you do, please make a note in Sgt. Schmitt’s file that he is an excellent worker. I will definitely use your site again! — Thank you, Chip Levinson
3) HirePatriots stimulates local economies and keeps local businesses alive and well. In 2007 HirePatriots received the “Visionary Award for Creating Economic Opportunity.” – When a community embraces HirePatriots it provides a means for hundreds of veterans to earn money and to spend it at local stores.
Economic Opportunity Award: Recognizing visionary leadership in creating economic opportunities that improve the quality of life in our region, and that might not otherwise exist absent their efforts. —
4) HirePatriots is a major force and recognized leader in finding a permanent solution to US Veteran unemployment. – Both companies and residents have experienced the immense value of HirePatriots for years. Now, HirePatriots has spread into every state and metro region through our Cause Marketing program. Our goal is for every willing and able US veteran to have a means to work and to earn money. – A list of CEOS and HR Mangers and US military officers has joined us in this effort, from Fortune 500s to Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Businesses. – And we collaborated on writing a “An American Crisis: Veteran Unemployment.” As the founder of HirePatriots has put this stellar team together and is writing and editing the book.
5) It is the right and just thing to do. These stalwart men and women have sacrificed years of their lives and put themselves in harm’s way to protect our liberties. Many have paid a severe price. They are our nation’s best sons and daughters. They deserve our assistance until they are able to re-enter the civilian world as successful citizens!
Please post your jobs on HirePatriots.com (Full-Time to One Day).
Or make your tax deductible contributions to HirePatriots’ efforts by going to PatrioticHearts.org.
Thank you for showing concern and respect for our beloved US Military families!